- Contact Us
Job Title: Automation Engineer / Hardware
Location: Devens, MA
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Automation Engineer will implement automated test solutions for its products. This job requires recent and documented experience in producing results of automated systems / tests. This position is customer driven / focused and you will also be responsible for working with potential clients / customers and current clients / customers.
- Design the Control System Architecture for process applications.
- Design the control system and create electrical schematics, bills of materials, and other documentation required to support the electrical designs.
- Write PLC and HMI programs to support functional specifications.
- Familiarity with, and ability to configure, common instrumentation (RTDs, Flowmeters, VFD’s, etc.)
- Test, debug and troubleshoot control systems, including ability to perform basic wiring tasks.
- Follow engineering quality, standards, methods, policies, and procedures.
- Some travel (domestic and international) required.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in systems integration, the machine building industries or manufacturing.
- Knowledge of NEC
- Solid PLC and HMI programming skills in RSLogix 5000 and View SE
- Proven history of designing and implementing automation methodologies on multiple projects.
- Organized and driven to achieve measurable results in a fast paced working environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must have experience writing clear, detailed test plans and status reports.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel
- Must not be restricted from working in an FDA Regulatory Environment.
- Use of CAD software in designing schematics (Solid Works preferred).
- Ability to interpret the functional requirements, P&IDs and design documents to plan, develop, write, and execute test plans and procedures for our clients.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience implementing automation solutions in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- Programming experience with RSLogix 500, Siemens PLC & Servos, Wonderware, etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- Working knowledge of database concepts
- Familiar with SCADA and DCS and what is required to develop and interface to existing systems
- Electrician License
- Working knowledge of GAMP and implementation of 21 CFR Part 11 compliant software.
- Proficient with MS Project
Director of Human Resources
LEWA-Nikkiso America, Inc.
132 Hopping Brook Road
Holliston, MA 01746